Catherine has been a Director of BHP Group Limited since April 2022.
Skills and experience:
Ms Tanna has more than 30 years’ experience in the resources, oil and gas sectors. Most recently, Ms Tanna served as Managing Director of EnergyAustralia for seven years between 2014 and 2021.
Prior to this, Ms Tanna held senior executive roles with Shell and BG Group with responsibility for operations across Africa, North Asia, Russia, North America, Latin America and Australia.
Ms Tanna was a member of the Board of the Reserve Bank of Australia between 2011 and 2021 and a Director of the Business Council of Australia between 2016 and 2021.
Ms Tanna holds a Bachelor of Laws from the University of Queensland. In 2018, Ms Tanna was awarded an honorary Doctor of Business from the University of Queensland.
Other directorships and offices (current and recent):
- Member of the Advisory Board of Fujitsu Australia (current)
- Managing Director of EnergyAustralia (2014-2021)
- Member of the Board of the Reserve Bank of Australia (2011-2021)
- Director of the Business Council of Australia (2016-2021)
Board Committee memberships:
- Member of the Remuneration Committee and the Sustainability Committee