MBA, BE / Independent
Malcolm has been a Director of BHP Group Limited and BHP Group Plc since March 2010.
Skills and experience:
Malcolm has extensive experience in running industrial and mining companies with a global footprint and broad global experience in project development in many of the countries in which BHP operates. He was Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Orica Limited from 2001 until September 2005. Prior to joining Orica, Malcolm held a number of senior positions at North Limited, including Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer and, prior to that, held senior management positions with Halcrow (UK), MIM Holdings, Peko Wallsend and Industrial Equity.
Other directorships and offices (current and recent):
- Chair of Orica Limited (since January 2016) and a Director (since December 2015).
- Director of the Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research (since July 2014).
- Former Chair of Asciano Limited (from October 2009 to August 2016).
- Former Director of Coates Group Holdings Pty Ltd (from January 2008 to July 2013).
- Former Chair of the Australia China One Belt One Road Advisory Board (from August 2016 to February 2019).
Board Committee memberships:
- Member of the Sustainability Committee.
- Member of the Nomination and Governance Committee.