29 August 2023
On 22 August 2023, the Board of BHP determined to pay a final dividend of 80 US cents per share for the full year ended 30 June 2023.
The currency exchange rate applicable for the final dividend payable in South African cents to shareholders on the BHP Group Limited South African branch register is based on the rate of the average exchange rate on 25 August 2023 and 28 August 2023 and is set out below:
|Dividend 80 US cents per ordinary share||Exchange rate||Dividend per ordinary share in local currency|
|South African cents||18.67700||1,494.16000|
The exchange rates applicable to the BHP dividend being paid in other currencies will be based on the foreign currency exchange rates on a single day or an average period of days ending on or before the dividend Record Date, being 8 September 2023. The applicable foreign currency exchange rates will be announced to the market on 11 September 2023.
The dividend will be paid on Thursday, 28 September 2023.
NOTE: Additional information required by the JSE Listing Requirements
- The dividend per ordinary share in local currency in the table above is stated as a gross dividend.
- The dividend should be regarded as a ‘foreign dividend’ for the purposes of South African income tax and South African dividends tax (Dividend Tax).
- Dividend Tax will be withheld from the amount of the gross final dividend paid to shareholders on the BHP Group Limited South African branch register at the rate of 20 per cent, unless a shareholder qualifies for an exemption.
- After the Dividend Tax has been withheld, the net dividend will be 1,195.32800 South African cents per ordinary share.
- BHP Group Limited had a total of 5,065,820,556 ordinary shares on issue at the dividend determination date of 22 August 2023.
- The dividend will be paid out of retained earnings.
- For the avoidance of doubt, Dividend Tax, and therefore the information provided in this announcement, is only of direct application to shareholders on the BHP Group Limited South African branch register.
Shareholders holding dematerialised shares in Computershare Nominees should direct all queries in relation to the final dividend including queries relating to the Dividend Tax to:
BHP Group Limited Branch Registrar and Transfer Secretary
Computershare Investor Services (Pty) Limited
15 Biermann Avenue
Private Bag X9000
2132 South Africa
Telephone +27 11 370 5000 or 086 110 0634 (within South Africa) on weekdays between 8:00am and 4:30pm (SAST).
Facsimile +27 11 688 5217
Shareholders holding dematerialised shares through STRATE should contact their Central Securities Depository Participant (CSDP) or stockbroker in case of all queries in relation to the final dividend including queries relating to Dividend Tax.