BEng, FIEA, FAICD / Independent
Ken has been a Director of BHP Group Limited since September 2016. He was appointed Chair with effect from 1 September 2017.
Skills and experience:
Ken brings global executive experience, and a strategic approach. From 2005 until 2015, he served as the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Amcor Limited (Amcor), a global packaging company with operations in over 40 countries. During his 23 year career with Amcor in various senior executive positions, Ken gained extensive experience across all of Amcor’s major business segments in developed and emerging markets in the Americas, Australia, Asia and Europe.
Other directorships and offices (current and recent):
- Advisory Board member of American Securities Capital Partners LLC (since January 2016).
- Former Advisory Board member of Adamantem Capital (from September 2016 to May 2019).
- Former Senior Adviser to McKinsey & Company (from January 2016 to June 2017).
- Former Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Amcor Limited (from July 2005 to April 2015).
Board Committee memberships:
- Chair of the Nomination and Governance Committee
We continue to sharpen our portfolio by focusing on future-facing commodities and assets that will deliver the greatest long-term value to shareholders