31 marzo 2010
BHP Billiton has today announced it has entered into binding agreements to create a new joint venture for its Indonesian Coal Project (ICP) with a subsidiary of PT Adaro Energy TBK (Adaro), which has agreed to acquire a 25 per cent interest in the ICP joint venture. BHP Billiton holds the remaining 75 per cent.
The ICP covers seven Coal Contracts of Work (CCoWs) located in East and Central Kalimantan in Indonesia. Undeveloped metallurgical and thermal Coal Resources are estimated at 774 million tonnes. Adaro is Indonesia’s second largest thermal coal producer and has operations near the ICP.
BHP Billiton President Metallurgical Coal, Hubie van Dalsen, said, “These agreements with Adaro provide a strong local partner to ensure the successful development of our world class metallurgical coal interests in Indonesia. As we progress development, we will continue our strong commitment to the protection of the region’s outstanding biodiversity.”
Completion of the transaction is subject to approvals from the Indonesian Government.
Please refer to the Coal Resource statement.
Reciba las últimas noticias de BHP directamente en su bandeja de entrada
Cuando haya noticias, será el primero en enterarse. Manténgase en contacto con nuestras últimas actualizaciones, noticias para inversores y comunicados de prensa.