06 septiembre 2022
BHP has released our Economic Contribution Report for the 2022 financial year, which shows the company contributed $79.3 billion in economic value to the Australian economy over the 12-month period.
The total national contribution to Australia comprises $18.5 billion in tax, royalty and other payments to governments, $16.5 billion of spending with suppliers, $39.6 billion in dividends to shareholders, $4.6 billion in employee wages, and $106 million in social investments.
- BHP is one of the largest taxpayers in Australia.
- Over the past decade, BHP has paid more than $90 billion in taxes, royalties and other payments to governments in Australia.
- It is expected that 10% of all company tax paid in Australia in the 2022 financial year will have been paid by BHP.
- In the 2022 financial year, BHP’s adjusted effective tax rate in Australia was 42.7% including royalties.
- BHP has a workforce of about 50,000 people in Australia.
Read our Economic Contribution report in full.