06 septiembre 2022
BHP has released our Economic Contribution Report for the 2022 financial year, which shows the company contributed $79.3 billion in economic value to the Australian economy over the 12-month period.
The total national contribution to Australia comprises $18.5 billion in tax, royalty and other payments to governments, $16.5 billion of spending with suppliers, $39.6 billion in dividends to shareholders, $4.6 billion in employee wages, and $106 million in social investments.
- BHP is one of the largest taxpayers in Australia.
- Over the past decade, BHP has paid more than $90 billion in taxes, royalties and other payments to governments in Australia.
- It is expected that 10% of all company tax paid in Australia in the 2022 financial year will have been paid by BHP.
- In the 2022 financial year, BHP’s adjusted effective tax rate in Australia was 42.7% including royalties.
- BHP has a workforce of about 50,000 people in Australia.
Read our Economic Contribution report in full.
Reciba las últimas noticias de BHP directamente en su bandeja de entrada
Cuando haya noticias, será el primero en enterarse. Manténgase en contacto con nuestras últimas actualizaciones, noticias para inversores y comunicados de prensa.