Throughout our Australian operations and corporate offices we have many opportunities for you to join our business.
We look for students with a range of degrees that include (but not limited) to:
- Technology: Data Science, Computer Science, Applied Statistics, Software Engineering, Mathematics
- Business: Accounting / Finance, Supply Chain, Logistics Management
- Engineering: Mining, Mechanical, Mechatronics, Electrical, Mine Geotechnical, Civil, Metallurgy / Minerals Processing, Chemical, Construction, Environmental
- Health Science: Safety, Health, Occupational Hygiene, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Medical Radiation, Toxicology
- Science: Earth Science / Geology (Honours / Masters), Hydrogeology, Environmental, Physics, Chemistry, Spatial Science (Surveying)
Interns you will be a penultimate student and start in November working with us for 10-12 weeks. You will need to be highly self-driven to seek out projects to showcase your capability. Our most talented interns will get access to graduate opportunities before we go to the market. Do well as an intern and you will go to the front of the queue to receive a job offer. What a great way to start you career!
Graduates you will start in mid-February joining a global cohort of like-minded graduates who will work on real business problems. As a permanent employee you will start on our global Graduate Program where you will get unprecedented access to senior leaders to mentor and guide your course work.
Our fast paced 18 month program will accelerate your career giving you access to opportunities across commodities and regions. Towards the end of the program the choice is yours to stay in the same commodity or find an opportunity elsewhere in BHP to demonstrate all that you have learnt.
Our Australian graduate and intern opportunities for engineering and science will be residential or Fly-In-Fly-Out (FIFO) either way giving you the chance to support and live in a thriving local community. Roles such as Technology, Finance and Supply will support our operations from our city locations, but they are never far from the action.
Applications open - 28 February to 1 April 2018