Speeches (PDF 260KB)
Presentation (PDF 4.8MB)
Results of the AGM (PDF 4.8MB)
The 2021 AGM of BHP Group Limited will be held on Thursday 11 November 2021 at 4.00pm (Melbourne time) as a virtual meeting. There will be no physical meeting for shareholders to attend. Shareholders will be able to participate in the meeting, ask questions and vote in real time.
BHP is committed to health and safety, including the health and safety of our shareholders and staff, and we have been closely monitoring COVID-19 developments. Having regard to the ongoing uncertainty regarding interstate travel throughout Australia, social distancing requirements and in the interests of the health and safety of our shareholders and staff, the BHP Board has decided that our 2021 AGM will be held as a virtual meeting.
Shareholders will not be able to attend the 2021 AGM physically, but will instead be able to view and participate in the virtual meeting online. This approach is in line with recent amendments to the law and current regulatory guidance.
The AGM is an important part of BHP’s overall approach to governance and your ability to participate is important to us. The AGM will be webcast live via the Lumi online platform. Shareholders will be able to view and listen to proceedings, ask questions and vote in real time using a computer or mobile device.
Registration will open at 3.00pm (Melbourne time) on Thursday 11 November. Shareholders will be able to register their attendance and submit their questions from this time using the details below.
Direct event link: https://web.lumiagm.com/367084684
Meeting ID: 367 084 684
Your username is your Shareholder Reference Number (SRN) / Holder Identification Number (HIN). Your password is your postcode registered on your holding if you are an Australian shareholder. Overseas shareholders should refer to the user guide below. Online registration will open at 3pm (Melbourne time) on Thursday 11 November 2021 (one hour before the meeting).
Please see the Shareholder FAQs and technical support section below for further access support.
Live remote captioning (LRC) is available for the meeting in English and Spanish. To access LRC, please select one of the buttons below at the time of the meeting. This will open a new web browser and captions will begin once the meeting starts. Please note to view the meeting you will also need to follow the meeting access directions above.
Voting by proxy
If you are unable to attend the AGM, we encourage you to appoint a person who will attend as your proxy and exercise your right to vote your shares. That person may be the Chair of the meeting. Proxies must be received by 4.00 pm (Melbourne time) Tuesday 9 November 2021 to be valid. Shareholders are also able to submit questions live, once the registration opens on the day of the meeting, using the direct event link above.
You can lodge your proxy form electronically by recording the proxy appointment and voting instructions at Investor Vote. To access this service you will need your Securityholder Reference Number (SRN) or Holder Identification Number (HIN) and postcode.
Proxy and nominee information
To receive your username and password to participate in the meeting, please contact Computershare Investor Services on +61 3 9415 4024 (in the hour prior to the meeting starting) to obtain your unique user name and password.
Ask a question
BHP Group Limited shareholders are able to submit questions in advance the BHP Group Limited AGM using the form below by Thursday 4 November 2021. Shareholders are also able to submit questions live, once the registration opens on the day of the meeting, using the direct event link above.
Shareholders are requested to restrict themselves to two questions or comments initially, and further questions will be considered if time permits. Questions and comments may be moderated to avoid repetition and to make them more concise. There may not be sufficient time available at the meeting to address all of the comments and questions raised.
How do I participate in the BHP Group Limited AGM?
To be eligible to attend, vote and ask questions or make comments at the AGM shareholders must register for the meeting. Registration will open one hour before the commencement of the meeting at 3.00pm (Melbourne time).
You can register and access the AGM using a desktop computer or a mobile device using the details provided in the Meeting access section above.
You will need your Shareholder Reference Number (SRN)/Holder Identification Number (HIN) and your postcode registered on your holding if you are an Australian shareholder. Overseas shareholders should refer to the Lumi user guide below for Country information.
Before you access the virtual AGM, please ensure your browser is compatible. You can easily check what your current browser is by visiting www.whatismybrowser.com. Compatible browsers are:
• Chrome – Version 44 & 45 and after
• Firefox – 40.0.2 and after
• Safari – OS X v10.9 “Mavericks” & OS X v10.10 “Yosemite” and after
• Internet Explorer 9 and later releases (please note Internet Explorer 8 is not supported)
Once you have registered and the AGM commences, select the black ‘Broadcast’ bar on your screen, then press play and you will see a live video webcast of the virtual AGM and the presentation slides.
For further information on your user experience, please refer to the Lumi and Technical help guides below.
If you are an appointed proxy, you will need a unique username and password to attend the meeting. To receive your username and password, which will allow you to participate in the meeting, please contact Computershare Investor Services on +61 3 9415 4024 (in the hour prior to the meeting starting).
How do I ask a question or make a comment at the AGM?
Please follow the instructions in the Meeting access section above to access the BHP Group Limited AGM.
Submit a written question
If you wish to ask questions or make comments you will need to click the ‘speech bubble’ question icon displayed on the screen and type your question in the ‘Ask a question’ area provided. Once you have typed your question, click the ‘send’ arrow icon.
Ask a verbal question
If you wish to ask your question verbally please follow the steps below. Note that you will not be able to view the meeting while waiting to ask your verbal question, you will only be able to hear the meeting. This is to ensure there is no lag and that you are put through to address the meeting at the correct time.
1. First pause the live stream of the meeting in the Lumi platform
2. then navigate to the home screen of the Lumi meeting
3. Click the link under Asking a live audio question. This will open a new webpage.
4. Enter your Name, last 3 digits of your SRN or proxy code, and the topic of you question, then submit request
5. Click ‘Ready’, you will then hear an audio prompt asking you to click ‘Connect to Meeting’
6. Having clicked connect to meet you will hear a welcome message
7. You will then be able to hear a live audio stream of the meeting, while waiting to ask your question
8. The chairman or moderator will call on you to speak at the appropriate time. Please stay close to your device at all times when in the que.
9. You will then hear a beep to let you know that your microphone is live
10. Ask your question
11. After you have asked your question, you will be returned to the queue where you can submit a request to ask a further question or return to the webcast and click ‘play’ to continue watching the stream.
For more detail, please refer to the Lumi user guide.
When is the BHP Group Limited AGM?The BHP Group Limited AGM will be held virtually on Thursday 11 November 2021, starting at 4.00pm (Melbourne time).
How do I vote on the BHP Group Limited items of business?
There are two main ways shareholders can vote:
You will be able to vote on resolutions in advance of the AGM online at investorvote.com.au.
If you have elected to receive your Notice of Meeting electronically (via email) you will have received an email about this and BHP’s 2021 Annual Report on 14 September 2021. This email will include your personalised shareholder link to vote.
Consistent with the relief provided by the Commonwealth Treasurer and temporary amendments to the Corporations Act in response to the coronavirus pandemic, BHP will not be mailing shareholders a hard copy Notice of Meeting or a Voting Form this year. Instead, shareholders will be able to vote, submit questions and access their Notice of Meeting online.
We encourage shareholders to vote and submit questions online before the AGM at investorvote.com.au. To login you will need to enter the meeting’s control number (135593), your SRN/HIN and your postcode or select ‘Outside Australia’.
2. During the meeting
Please following the instructions above to access the BHP Group Limited AGM.
To cast a vote:
a. When the Chair declares the poll open, the ‘Polling’ icon will appear on your screen and the meeting resolutions/items of business will be displayed.
b. To vote, select one of the voting options (for, against or abstain) to cast your vote – your instruction will be highlighted. Simply select a different option to override. Note there is no ‘submit’ button.
You can make or change your vote at any time until the voting is closed. There will be a 5-minute warning prior to the close of voting for shareholders to submit their votes.
If you need any assistance in relation to voting, please contact Computershare on 1300 656 780.
If I vote or submit a question prior to the AGM can I still attend the meeting?Yes. Please follow instructions above to participate.
I don’t know my SRN/HIN – do I need this for attending the virtual AGM?
You will need your SRN/HIN to participate in the virtual AGM and to ask a question.
You can find your SRN/HIN on:
• the physical Notice of Access, sent to those who have not elected to receive electronic communication;
• your most recent Dividend Statement; or
• the welcome letter or other documentation you received when you first became a BHP shareholder.
How do I watch the AGM as a guest?
You can register and access the virtual BHP Group Limited AGM using a desktop computer or a mobile device using the details provided in the Meeting access section above.
You should select ‘Guest’ option and enter your name and email details.
Please note that non-voting shareholders or members of the public will not be able to ask questions or vote at the meeting.
Where do I get help if needed during the virtual AGM?
You may experience local technical difficulties, such as poor internet connection. Please refer to Lumi user guide and the technical help guide available below for advice on optimising the virtual AGM experience.
Alternatively, please contact Computershare on 1300 656 780 (local) or +61 3 9415 4020 (international).
Why is BHP not holding a physical meeting for its AGM this year?
BHP is absolutely committed to health and safety, including the health and safety of our shareholders and staff. In light of the current COVID-19 environment and in line with current Government advice, we have decided to hold our 2021 AGM virtually (online), rather than in person.
A virtual AGM will provide equal opportunity for all of our shareholders to participate in the 2021 AGM regardless of their location.
What is the pre-AGM deadline for lodging online votes and questions?
Right to vote and ask questions at the AGM
Deadline for lodging your proxy appointment before the virtual AGM
Deadline for submitting written questions before the virtual AGM
To participate in the AGM as a shareholder, you must be a registered holder of shares as at 4.00pm (Melbourne time) on Tuesday 9 November 2021
Tuesday 9 November 2021 on 4.00pm (Melbourne time).
Thursday 4 November 2021 on 4.00pm (Melbourne time).
If you are experiencing issues using Lumi, please refer to the Lumi user guide (PDF 1143 KB).
Alternatively, please contact Computershare on 1300 656 780 (local) or +61 3 9415 4020 (international).Technical Difficulties
Technical difficulties may arise during the course of the meeting. The Chair of the meeting has discretion as to whether and how the AGM should proceed if a technical difficulty arises. In exercising this discretion, the Chair of the meeting will have regard to the number of shareholders impacted and the extent to which participation in the business of the meeting is affected. Where the Chair of the meeting considers it appropriate, the Chair of the meeting may continue to hold the meeting and transact business, including conducting a poll and voting in accordance with valid proxy instructions. For this reason, shareholders are encouraged to lodge a directed proxy in advance of the meeting even if they plan to attend the meeting online.
Shareholders may experience local technical difficulties, such as poor internet connection.
• If you cannot connect to the internet, try restarting your computer.
• If your wireless internet connection drops in and out, try restarting your modem / wireless router.
• If you are experiencing connection issues after trying the above troubleshooting options, please contact your internet or NBN provider.
• For the best shareholder experience, BHP recommends the use of the Lumi website.
• “Lumi AGM” can be accessed online using most well-known internet browsers such as Internet Explorer (version 11), Chrome, Firefox and Safari on a PC, laptop or internet-enabled device such as a tablet or smartphone.
• If you are having trouble accessing the site, try updating your web browser.
• Please see the Lumi user guide for further information on how to access Lumi.
• You can use a number of devices to view this live stream - desktop, laptop, tablet, smartphone, smart TV.
• Your device must have internet access, a screen, speakers and up to date web browser.
• If using your phone or tablet, turn it on its side to landscape mode. This will allow for better viewing of the event.
• If you are having audio issues, check that audio can play from other sources. A good way to check this is by playing a video on YouTube.
• Desktops generally have external speakers. Check they are plugged in and volume up.
• Ensure your computer volume is not muted, and turned up.
• If you’ve connected your laptop to an external screen, check that the correct source is playing your audio.
• If on a mobile device, check your Bluetooth hasn’t connected to a different audio device like your headphones or a Bluetooth speaker.