Terry has been a Director of BHP Billiton Limited and BHP Billiton Plc since October 2017.
Skills and experience:
Terry has significant experience across a range of diversified industries, with a very strong background in finance leadership roles. He has served as an Executive Director and Finance Director of Wesfarmers Limited since 2009, which included chairing a number of Wesfarmers’ operating divisions over this time. Prior to this, Terry held various senior executive roles within Wesfarmers, including as Finance Director of Coles, Managing Director of Industrial and Safety and Finance Director of Wesfarmers Landmark. He also served as the inaugural Chief Financial Officer of Jetstar Airways Limited from 2003 to 2005 and before this, held senior finance roles over an 11 year career with Tubemakers of Australia Limited. Mr Bowen is a former Director of Gresham Partners, past President of the National Executive of the Group of 100 Inc. and former Director of the Harry Perkins Institute of Medical Research Incorporated.
Terry will retire from all Wesfarmers Limited roles in late 2017, before commencing in early 2018 as the Managing Partner and Head of Operations of a new private equity fund based in Australia.
Other directorships and offices (current and recent):
- Executive Director and Finance Director of Wesfarmers Limited (since 2009).
- Director of West Coast Eagles Football Club (since 2017).
- Chairman of West Australian Opera Company Incorporated (since 2014).
- Former Director of Gresham Partners Holdings Limited and Gresham Partners Group Limited (from 2009 to 2017).
- Former Director of the Harry Perkins Institute of Medical Research Incorporated (from 2010 to 2013).
- Former Chief Financial Officer of Jetstar Airways Limited (from 2003 to 2005).