1. Based on a continuing operations basis excluding royalties; BHP Billiton's share of volumes from equity accounted investments; copper equivalent volumes calculated using FY16 realised prices.
2. Based on analyst consensus exchange rates of AUD/USD 0.75 and USD/CLP 663.
3. Caval Ridge and Peak Downs are part of BHP Billiton Mitsubishi Alliance (BMA). BHP Billiton share 50 per cent.
4. Returns at analyst 2017 consensus price forecasts; ungeared, post-tax, nominal return.
5. Assumes all internal and third party approvals received.
6. Based on 12 month cumulative oil for wells completed since the beginning of 2016.